Sponsors of a double blind study on healing faith are searching for healthy christian volunteers to apply etiological methods to find causation of Conviction Syndrome. Religious conviction
rarely never coincides with truth, as faith and fact are diametrically opposing forces. Conviction Syndrome has maintained pandemic proportions for millennia and its time to do a reality check. I had a patient one time tell me she was supposed to be taking placebo, but she was out and that’s why she was calling the ambulance. Mama did raise a fool, now didn’t she?
- Belief is not fact nor truth
- Lies confirm testimony
- Truth can be boring or unpleasant, but necessary
- Reality promotes real progress
- Emotions are not the spirit
- Prayer never works. Period
- Need makes people gullible
- Preachers lie to keep you tithing
- Fear sells
- Missionaries never tell you what the internet can
- Placebo is a psychological trick. Religion is placebo
- If you try to succeed on your own, your road to success will be much faster without prayer and waiting.
- There is no substance in ontology
- Validation is the number one reason people share their faith
- If a religious explanation requires further explaining, it’s bullshit.
truthspew is philosophical wording to convince with flattering speech.
- Religion is detrimental to human growth and unity.
- If your faith has you questioning the worth of others, it’s wrong
If you need to have faith in something that makes you think you are worthless without it, that is an abusive relationship. Get out
If you qualify to participate in this study, you are part of the problem. Seek help from an unbeliever.