I’m thinking 1.2 billion Catholics is quite enough. Rejecting contraception as a most grievous sin, here are some interesting tidbits from Catholics and others they’ve influenced.
Martin Luther said of coitus interruptus—the withdraw method “The exceedingly foul deed of Onan, the basest of wretches . . . is a most disgraceful sin. It is far more atrocious than incest and adultery. We call it unchastity, yes, a sodomitic sin. i.e. Pulling out is worse than sex with your siblings/children. What about pulling out during incest? The reformer finished his decree with this about Onan pulling out. “Consequently, he deserved to be killed by God. He committed an evil deed. Therefore, God punished him.” Wait, was he still catholic?
Clement of Alexandria wrote, “Because of its divine institution for the propagation of man, the seed is not to be vainly ejaculated, nor is it to be damaged, nor is it to be wasted”
John Calvin said, “The voluntary spilling of semen outside of intercourse between man and woman is a monstrous thing. Deliberately to withdraw from coitus in order that semen may fall on the ground is doubly monstrous. For this is to extinguish the hope of the race and to kill before he is born the hoped-for offspring.” Maybe now would be a good time. There are plenty of us.
Of Augustine the Great (hypocrite) Those who do this, although they are called husband and wife, are not; nor do they retain any reality of marriage, but with a respectable name cover a shame”.
There is no way to deny the fact that the Catholic Church has always and everywhere condemned artificial contraception. The matter has already been infallibly decided. The so-called “individual conscience” argument amounts to “individual disobedience.”
The Catholic Church also has affirmed that the illicitness of contraception is an infallible doctrine: “The Church has always taught the intrinsic evil of contraception, that is, of every marital act intentionally rendered unfruitful. This teaching is to be held as definitive and irreformable”.
Who makes this
shit stuff up? Control the most basic instinct of man and his nature, control the whole man.
Excerpts from Catholic.com
The church has lost its flock and at complete odds with its members/sinners. “Even among Catholic Americans, whose official church teaching condemns all “artificial” family planning practices, 89 percent believe birth control is morally acceptable and 98 percent of sexually experienced Catholic women have used contraceptives” The other 2% are most likely barren—or priests.